Saturday, April 01, 2006

Jack Johnson

One summer's day jus before winter hit, my housemates and I had a massive party and naturally there after had to have a massive clean-up-day the following day. Cleaning was never this fun. My roommate put in "In Between Dreams" and it was the most relaxing music for a loungey summer’s day. It was reminiscent of Ben Harper and was absolutely wonderful, and I had no clue who it was. Nonetheless; we pumped up the volume, opened all our doors and windows to share what Jack had to offer. His lazy guitar rhythms and creamy vocals set the mood and it was honestly just an all around enjoyable day.

This is how I came upon... the oOo so yummeh Jack Johnson. I fell in love with his music and was hooked. Not to mention, he's also good eye-candy ;). My roommate bought me the CD for Christmas and I've been playing it non-stop and has become the official house cleaning music.

Jack Johnson; a Hawaiian-born singer-songwriter, filmmaker and former pro-surfer, whose music is merely about lazing around and just taking life easy has a laid-back approach which is anything but gripping, but his sound is still very warm and appealing, like a coffeehouse sing-along at a beach campfire.

Not a lot of people have heard about Jack as his music is not necessarily main-stream however; is doing fairly well for what it is. So, I thought I’d just write a little about his music and show off this wonderful artist.

Enjoy!!

8 comments:

Mr. J said...

Jack Johnson huh...

Unknown said...

He has to be crap...

..his Canadian :p

HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY!!!

Anand said...

Jack Johnson..
Never heard of him!:-(...

Keshi said...

lol NV aww ur mean!

I will check him out soon Suga! ty n mwahhhh!

Keshi.

Princess said...

I am happy to read that you are enjoying beautiful days. :)
It looked like I myself was there with you enjoying life. Thank you :)

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

I dunno abt him ... mebbe am just too ignorant ... lol

Ekta said...

Hey suga,
whos this?...dunno abt him..but looks damn cute anyways!;-)

Sugababee said...

-Me
Yup... Jack Johnson


-Ro
First off, he isn’t crap!
And get your facts straight… he isn’t Canadian either… jeeeeezz!!!

Thank You :D hehe


-Anand
You should take a listen… he’s good stuff.


-Kesh
Yea! Isn’t he??
*sticks tongue out at Ro*

Temme what you think yea…
MUAH!


-Aizwaikcha
Thank you so much that means a lot to me:)
Hugzzz


-Paneer
Nah your not ignorant… he’s just coming out.
But give him a chance yea…


-Ekta
lol… it’s JACK JOHNSON!
and yup yup… a cutey indeed!